1. In large spaces create rooms within rooms. For example create a work station in an otherwise unused alcove.
2. You can do this in any room, but in larger spaces having lighting layers is essential for overall illumination and daily task.
Shop Lamps Plus for the perfect lighting, http://www.lampsplus.com/
We used ceiling fixtures for ambient lighting or overall lighting.
Check out these ceiling fixtures, http://www.lampsplus.com/ceiling-lighting/ the are perfect for ambient lighting.
3. A floor lamp next to a chair provides task lighting.
Did you know that Lamps Plus has an amazing selection of contemporary to traditional floor lamps, http://www.lampsplus.com/floor-lamps/ ?
4. Place a table lamp on top of a console table provides soft accent light for the wall art and mirror.
5. Position furniture into the room, or “floating the piece” as designer call it, instead of placing it against a wall is a great way to create a more intimate feeling in large spaces.
6. Consider two chairs instead of a love seat. They can be easily configured for an intimate spot next to the fireplace, or can be pulled over to the living space when additional seating is needed.
There you have it some of our great lighting and decorating ideas to get you started in your large space.
For more lighting and home decor inspiration make sure to head over to the Lamps Plus blog, http://www.lampsplus.com/info-center/b/blog/
To stay up on our ideas and inspiration subscribe to our channel.
Thanks for watching.